Saturday, January 19, 2013

Disneyland!

The happiest place on earth. It certainly was an absolute blast! After the runners expo this morning I met up with Trisha, Jeff, Maureen and Jeff. They had been at California Adventure all morning and now we were going to do the Magic Kingdom rides. Man are these guys expert park goers! I met them at the pirates of the Caribbean- and off we went! I don't think we missed a single ride in the Magic Kingdom. The first ride we hit up was the haunted house; I don't think I've been inside that ride since I was toddler. It was so eerie how portions of it were familiar- memories from when I was just 3 or 4 years old I think! Space mountain inside future land is one of my favorite rides. Here's a shot of the outside.
My second favorite ride shocked me, Small World! It's such a basic ride, but it was so much fun! We were there when the Christmas decorations were still up- so I think that also contributed to the attraction of the ride.
Just as we were about to board the boats the whole front of the ride exploded in song and animation as the clock struck on the hour. It was way cool to see so close up!
All of the areas of the world inside the ride were re-done with a holiday theme!
The break-neck speed we flew around the park was crazy fun; I couldn't believe how much we got in! Before I knew it they were preparing for the evening firework show over Cinderella's castle and we had to head out. The race tomorrow starts at 5am and runners had to be there before 4:30 and I was a 30 minute drive away. It was time to head back to Jill and Michelle's place and get some sleep before the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment