Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Deputy CIO

This May I subsumed some new work responsibilities.  Previously I was responsible for the business analysts over all of our Student System as well as Finance.  Effective May 1, 2013, I am now over all of the PeopleSoft development and change control staff as well.  My new title is Deputy, Chief Information Officer.  It's a great opportunity to further understand the technical side of my job and work with both the development and business analysts to prioritize and accomplish the work we need to in support of Student, Finance and HR enterprise application systems for Sonoma State University.  Peter, Meryl and Xiaodong will continue to support Security and HR and report up to Jason, the CIO and also my boss.

In support of my new job responsibilities I had to fly to LAX tonight for a full day meeting on Thursday.  For dinner I met up with an old friend who I only connected with again randomly in the airport earlier this year; Myles Sanford.  We went to dinner at Paul Martins American Bistro.  It was really nice catching up with Myles and hearing about what he's been up to over the years.  After dinner he took me to my hotel in his mini cooper.  It was a special edition that had a setting where the car could talk to you- it was an absolute blast!  It actually had me contemplating purchasing one...

Thursday morning I was up bright and early for the full day meeting for the Technical Users Group (TUG).  The timing was just perfect, it gave me an opportunity to introduce myself and see the other 22 TUG representatives from each of the other CSU campuses.  We reviewed our normal agenda and also had two separate oracle database training sessions; one on our existing functionality and one on a new tool that Oracle is pedaling.  It's going to be an exciting and BUSY year at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment