Saturday, June 8, 2013

Juicing & Blending!

Emma and Evan have always been big fans of juicing but I never really got why they liked it so much.  Recently I watched a movie called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  The point of it is that we eat all sorts of unhealthy and downright sabotaging to health here in America.  The main character is actually an Australian who was having all sorts of skin issues and took up juicing to heal himself and also get in better shape.  I was totally fascinated.

Last night I asked Emma to show me how to use the juicing machine and set out to purchase organic vegetables.  I prepared these vegetables and fruits and made my first juice!



It was so delicious, the next night I had to juice again and I used these ingredients.
I always have more juice than I can drink at night so Katelynn and I decided to use the left over the next morning in shakes.  We make a shake with Kale, frozen blueberries, pineapple and occasionally a banana and we blend it all in with the leftover juice from the night before.  What a healthy and delicious lifestyle!  I think this will always be a part of my healthy eating for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment