Saturday, June 29, 2013

San Francisco Pride


Thursday night Andrej flew down from Boise to visit me for the weekend and go to San Francisco pride!  After picking him up at the airport we drove past the San Francisco city hall and took the picture of it all lit with pride colors.  Since we were already downtown, we decided to get dinner at my favorite pizza place in the city, Patxi's!

Friday we went wine tasting, starting at Francis Ford Coppola and then tasting on the Healdsburg town square stopping at Hawley and then Thumbprint.  We had an absolute blast of course, and even created some new Andrej-isms.  I'd share, but it isn't appropriate for this audience.  One that I can share he posted on facebook "That's right, I said that.  I can't see straight and it's your fault."  haha!  After all the wine we had to stop in at the shed for a bite to eat and sober up.  That evening we went out in San Francisco to the clubs.  Met some new friends and had a blast.  We couldn't stay out too late since Saturday morning I had a 12 mile run with Amanda starting at 6:30am.  There's no breaks for pride when Marathon training!


Saturday we found ourselves back in the city and went to a few notable places.  We took pictures at Dolores park and enjoyed the beautiful weather and people everywhere.  That night we went out for the pink party and had a blast at Badlands.  Andrej got us a room so we could stay in the city that night before pride.  Sunday was an absolutely perfect day for the parade.  Bright and sunny, just cool enough in the city to not feel overheated.  We spent the day at civic plaza just observing all the craziness of the event.  As the afternoon waned, it was time to get Andrej across the bay to the airport.  Before taking him back, we stopped off for dinner at my favorite sushi house in the city; Mas Sake!  We had the Sushi Cupcakes and then I had my favorite "Gess's Roll".

I had such a blast with Andrej, I'm exhausted... but I'm already looking forward to his next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment