Saturday, June 22, 2013

Esthetic Evolution


This weekend Katelynn and I flew from California to Idaho to visit Emily and Chuck and head up to the 9th annual Esthetic Evolution in the mountains near the Twin Springs resort town.  I wasn't sure who we'd bump into but I always meet new friends and find old ones and this year was no different!  I was thrilled to see Skyler, Benny and Cyrus were already there when we arrived.  We parked my Dad's explorer nearby and settled in.
It was so much fun spending time with Katelynn and showing her the sound camps, dance stages and walking around the event.  Running into old friends and sharing drinks and stories really made the feel of this 9th Esthetic Evolution.  I really missed my friends Katie and Tim, but they've promised me we'll all meet up next year for the final (10th anniversary) campout.

On Saturday a guy from Boise drove up to meet me and hangout down by the river with me and Katelynn.  I was really excited to meet him in person since we'd been talking online for about a month and hadn't yet hungout yet.  We ate watermelon by the river, got some sun and even braved the freezing temperatures of the water to the point of dunking our heads!  Katelynn dipped her toes in a bit, but never made it all the way in!  As the sun began to dip down I was sad Jake couldn't stay for the evening party (you had to have a ticket to get into the event and it was sold out) but I was already looking forward to the next time we could spend time together.
The rest of the evening was a mix of dancing and partying out in the woods while spending time with new and old friends and listening to the music.  I'm already sad to think that next year is the last year for the event.
All weekend long Katelynn was alarmed at my food and water rationing but to my credit come Sunday morning we'd eaten and drank everything just in time to head home.  haha!  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment