Monday, June 24, 2013

Marathon Training in Boise


I may have spent the weekend camping, staying up late with friends and dancing but come Monday I had 14 miles to run to keep on track with my Marathon training!  Katelynn and I got up early and drove down to Veterans Memorial park off state street where we met up with Jake.  Katelynn and I jogged along the greenbelt to downtown while Jake rode his bike.  We left Katelynn in the downtown area to have breakfast while Jake and I continued on to complete the 14 miles!  It was nice being able to spend some more time with him while doing one of my favorite things; running!  You can see a map of the route and all the delicious statistics on my Runkeeper post of the run.

That afternoon Katelynn and I picked up Jake and we grabbed lunch at Cafe Rio.  Then the three of us went wine tasting in the snake river valley.  We went to one of our favorites Ste. Chappelle and then a new place; Williamson's Orchard.  We had fun tasting the wines and showing Jake out on his first wine tasting experience!

That evening we had Sushi with Emily and Chuck at Sakura before I said goodbye-for-now to Boise and Katelynn and I headed back to California.  What an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment