Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning is finally here! I found this fun picture of Sailor Moon and posted it to my Facebook and wished everyone a very Merry Christmas! It was a very nice Christmas morning with my family.
As usual, we were spoiled with presents. There was snow on the ground, the sun was shining and the four of us were all together and having a nice family Christmas morning.
Mom and Dad were very cute together, opening their presents. And yes, even Chuck was there :)
Every Christmas is special, and unique. But this one just had a strong sense of family connection for me. Mom and Dad gave me a framed picture of their wedding picture and two pictures of them with some text about them for their 35th anniversary. Mom created a scrapbook for me and one for Chuck of us from birth to High School from all the many pictures she has. She did it in the modern style with all the cute little 3 dimensional art pieces- so very special and touching. My favorite part of the album was the poems Mom included from Chuck and me. Chuck wrote one about his big brother and what a nice guy he is and I wrote one about who I was in High School. These treasures touched my heart.

The only thing that could have made it even better is if Emily had been here, but I understand she wanted to be with her family for the day. She flys into Boise tomorrow night. She and Chuck got me a bunch of amazing presents, I can't thank them enough! I got an electric wine opener, two bottles of huckleberry vodka (one Koenig, one 44 north) and a money clip! My parents also got me some workout shirts and a moxie java gift card and then we went shopping at Macy's and I got new shoes and shirts. Yeah!

That night we went over to Aunt Erni's house and met with up Kali, Andy, Matt and Artesia and their family. We had dinner together and then I played gin with Kali and Andy with their nieces. It was a very nice Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment