Saturday, December 15, 2012

Las Vegas...Again!

This weekend Kam and I flew from Oakland to Las Vegas.  We had been planning the trip since this summer and we were both pretty excited.  Kam reserved a room for us at the Cosmopolitan- where I'd stayed earlier this year with Andrej.  So I had an idea of what it would be like.  We checked in around 9am and scoped out the room.  It was great- walk in shower and tub area, automated lights, climate control and music all from the TV!  We grabbed our all you can eat buffet breakfast and then took a long nap.  Then we went shopping at the forum shops and the miracle mile shops.  Kam's friend Meghan from High School was in the area, studying at UNLV.  She came over and we had some drinks in the room as we got ready for our night and then met up with Song, Ed, Cole, Pete and Chad for dinner at the Garden Grill at Circus Circus.


After dinner, we headed back to our room for some more drinks with Meghan and then we headed out to club Krave. When we got there, it was closed! There was a guy out front directing people over to club Piranah. He gave us VIP passes so how could we refuse? The club was nice and had good music, but wasn't quite busy enough- especially in the VIP area. It was nice having our own bar tender and two dancers, but odd. Kam was really enjoying his time away from the ship so after another Tokyo Tea (we estimated he had arond 35-40 shots in total that night) he was adamant we walk the strip! So we headed out to appease him and ended up taking him on the Bally's entrance ride. haha.


We walked Meghan back to Planet Hollywood and then headed home for the night.

Sunday we did some gambling and met up with the guys again at Aria for drinks before they headed back home. Then Kam and I went to Paris to see Jersey Boys. It was such a great show, the only detraction was an elderly lady behind us that mumbled in disbelief at each profanity. So yeah, she was busy mumbling for most of the show. The songs were great and I'd really like to take my Mom to see the show sometime before it leaves Vegas.

Monday morning I got up despite really really not wanting to and I ran the Las Vegas strip.  When I got to the top I took a picture of Mandalay Bay, and then ran towards the Stratosphere, taking pictures of each major hotel along the way.  I had a blast and am so glad I did it.  The pictures and map of my run can of course be found here; on my Runkeeper.

After my run there really wasn't much time left, we cleaned up the room, checked out of the hotel and did some last minute slot machines with free drinks (one of our favorite past-times) before taking the shuttle to the airport.  It was a lot of fun, I'm glad I was there with Kam and showing him some of my favorite places for his first visit to Las Vegas.  The pictures I took are all posted on my photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment