Monday, December 24, 2012

Our Family Christmas Eve


This Christmas eve we gathered as an extended family at the Dunne's home like we do every year. However there were so many new and different things this year. This is the last year our Santa will be with us. He's been giving us Christmas presents for over 30 years. All my life, this has been the Santa that gave me all the amazing presents like my first Nintendo gaming system that Chuck and I got together and were the envy of the cousins. haha! His contribution to our family is touching and has meant so much to each of us over the years. We also had a new member of the family, only 9 days old, little Ben Stivison. He was such a great boy! He didn't whine or fuss all night long - despite being passed around and even held by Santa! We also had just about everyone in the family there as Kali, Andy and me were all able to travel home for the Christmas holiday.
I sure love my cousins!

As we carry forward our family traditions; one that really stands out is the Pinata! Started years ago by Mont and carried forward by Guy and now by Cameron all the little ones always enjoy taking a swing at the Pinata hoping to get to the candy inside. It's such a wonderful tradition seeing each of the little ones starting with the youngest and working our way up to the older cousins taking their swing.

Another thing I've come to look forward to each year are all the delicious holiday deserts that Carlie makes. Kari also made a delicious holiday white chocolate brittle that I just couldn't get enough of!
I really can't imagine not being here with my family for this Holiday each year. It's such a special event filled with Love and Tradition. I'm very blessed to be apart of such a close knit and loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment